The Yakima Herald-Republic has updated its online calendar system. To submit and view events, go to www.yakimaherald.com/calendar.
• Fridays in the Field, 7 p.m., J Bell Cellars, 73 Knight Hill Road, No. 9768, Zillah. Singer/songwriter Kara Hesse, soul and rock ’n’ roll. Tickets: $20 adults, ages 17 and younger free. Tickets and information: www.jbellcellars.com.
• Rondi ’n’ Bart, 7 p.m., Eats and Elixers, 901 Summitview Ave. Jazz and pop rock duo performing ’70s favorites.
• Lonestar, 8 p.m., Legends Casino, 580 Fort Road, Toppenish. Country. Tickets: $20 at legendscasino.com.
• Pioneer Power Show and Swap Meet, 8 a.m., Fullbright Park, 4508 Main St., Union Gap. Vintage tractors, draft horse demonstrations, threshing and binding demos, working blacksmiths, tractor pulls, swap meet, vintage snowmobile club, food and more. Cost: $5, 12 and younger are free.
• Peddlers Corner Flea Market, 9 a.m., 208 Ahtanum Road, Union Gap. Seventeen vendors plus food.
• Planning Vegetables for Winter Gardens, 10 a.m., Heirloom Garden adjacent to greenhouse, 1522 S. 18th Ave. One-hour class by Yakima County Master Gardeners; bring lawn chair, limited seating.
• Bookstore Romance Day, 1-3 p.m., Inklings Bookshop, 5629 Summitview Ave. Meet and greet at least 16 romance writers from the Pacific Northwest. Signed books available online for preorder if you can’t attend.
• La Invasion de la Banda, 2 p.m., Toppenish Rodeo Grounds, 600 S. Division St. Tickets and information: https://bit.ly/YH-Rinvasiontoppenish.
• Saturday STEAM, 3 p.m., Yakima Central Library, 102 N. Third St. Free activities including games, arts and crafts, STEAM activities, science experiments.
• WineStock, 3-8 p.m., Wilridge Winery, 250 Ehler Road. Rod Giles solo acoustic, Wasted on the Way (CSN&Y tribute), Janis Lives (Janis Joplin tribute) and Moon Daddy Band (Santana). Tickets: $35 advance, $45 at the gate. Feel free to bring blankets, chairs or picnic.
• Petty Thief, 7 p.m., summer concert at VanArnam Vineyards, 1305 Gilbert Road, Zillah. Tom Petty tribute band. Food truck on site, wine and beer for sale. Tickets: $30, kids 16 and younger free. Tickets and information: vanarnamvineyards.com.
• Half Step Down, 7 p.m., Hoops, 2103 W. Lincoln Ave. Heavy blues on the patio.
• Los Huracanes del Norte, 8 p.m. Legends Casino, 580 Fort Road, Toppenish. Fiftieth anniversary tour. Different styles of Norteño music. Tickets: $70 at legendscasino.com.
• Sunday Serenade, 1 p.m., Wilridge Winery, 250 Ehler Road. Steve Crabtree performs folk, rock, country, blues and cabaret.
• eM’nCee, 1 p.m., Hoops, 2103 W. Lincoln Ave. Country, pop and rock on the patio.
• Bradford Loomis, 7 p.m., The Seasons Performance Hall, 101 N. Naches Ave. Americana storytelling, rhythm and roots. Tickets: $15 at theseasonsyakima.com.
• T-Chronic, 8 p.m., Hop Capital Brewing, 2920 River Road, No. 6. San Diego musician/hip-hop emcee. Free show, ages 21 and over.
• Sing On: Karaoke Contest Finals, 9 p.m.-12:30 a.m., Hoops, 2103 W. Lincoln Ave. Prizes for first through fifth place.
• 47th Parallel, 6 p.m., Hoops, 2103 W. Lincoln Ave. Light rock on the patio.
• “The Secret Life of the Deserts of the Pacific Northwest,” 7 p.m., Yakima Area Arboretum, 1401 Arboretum Drive. Presented by Yakima Valley Audubon Society. Speaker Mike Denny introduces series that covers desert regions of Oregon and Washington. Over 450 species of plants, animals and fish recorded over three years. Details: www.yakimaaudubon.org.
• Rough Sets Comedy Night, 8 p.m., Bill’s Place, 206 S. Third Ave. Details: www.billsplacetav.com.
• Story time at Inklings, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Inklings Bookshop, 5629 Summitview Ave. Educator liaison Luanne Clark reads stories to little ones.
• Larson Gallery exhibits “Vibrational” and “Art as a Special Path,” through Aug. 27, Larson Gallery, 1015 S. 16th Ave.
• Yakima Table Tennis, 7-10 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Ahtanum Youth Park, 1000 Ahtanum Road. All ages, all abilities. Club play free, parking costs $2 a night.
• 10x10x10xTieton Exhibition, noon-3 p.m. Fridays, 11 a.m.- 3 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays and by appointment through Oct. 10, Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave., Tieton. Exhibition featuring works no larger than 10 inches x 10 inches x 10 inches. To make an appointment, email 10×[email protected] with 24-hour notice.
• Queer Happy Hour, 6-9 p.m. the second and fourth Fridays of each month, Collaboration Coffee, 18 S. First St.
• Live music, 7-10 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays, Kana Winery, 10 S. Second St.
• Selah Civic Center Dances, 1:30-3:45 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays, 216 S. First St. Cost: $5. Seniors invited to dance to Westerns, polkas, music from the ’50s and ’60s and other favorites.
• Valley Mall Farmers Market, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturdays, Valley Mall, 2529 Main St., Union Gap. Farmers, artists and craftspeople selling fresh produce, meat, baked goods, arts, crafts, gifts and other locally made goods.
• Downtown Yakima Farmers Market, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sundays, 22 S. Third St. Food and handcrafted products from farmers, specialty food producers, artisan and craft makers, food preparers, plus entertainers (buskers).